There’s More When You Measure
Hello. My name is David Turney. I am an independent Digital Marketing and Analytics Consultant based in Tucker GA, near Stone Mountain Park. Primarily, I help entrepreneurs, SMBs, and professional offices in the Greater Atlanta Metro area take advantage of today’s amazing web analytics tools and related marketing technologies. Often, you’ll find me working with the team of web analytics gurus over at www.EmpiricalPath.com helping them consult for some of the world’s top media and eCommerce brands.
Win with Marketing Analytics
If there’s one thing I’ve learned in my 15-plus years as a digital marketer for global industry leaders, it’s this: starting with analytics is the secret to winning the digital marketing game.
As a full-stack or “T-shaped” digital marketing consultant, there are a lot of different tasks I can help you with, but I always start with making sure it’s measureable. Whether we are building a new website, competing on local SEO, spying on your competition, or spamming your customers to death with email (!), my very best free advice to you is this:
Start by tracking and monitoring whatever it is you’re doing. Start today. Start poorly if you need to and improve later. Just begin!
Liquor & Guessing
When we measure what we’re doing, we motivate ourselves and our teams to achieve our goals. We keep everyone accountable, and we build stakeholder buy-in. It is *the critical success factor* in doing anything well.
Without reliable analytics and well-defined key performance indicators (KPIs), we are just marketing for marketing’s sake–definitely fun but not very fulfilling. Dilbert refers to this kind of marketing voodoo as, “Liquor and Guessing.”
In other business disciplines like Sales, Finance, and Human Resources, you are already doing it the right way. I’m sure you keep detailed sales and revenue records and check those reports just about every day. Great! Now do that with your marketing program!
It works outside business too. Everybody knows if they need to shed a few pounds, the *very first & best thing they can do* is get on the scale every morning and measure their progress. Want to win the Boston Marathon? Besides determination and a good pair of running shoes, the only other thing you need is a good stopwatch.
Sadly, too many organizations large and small don’t take their marketing efforts that seriously–a real shame considering how accessible marketing measurement and digital analytics have become.
I Want to Help
Talking is free. Let’s discuss where you are now, where you are trying to go, and review some options for getting there.
If you’re just getting started, you’ll be amazed at the difference even the first few baby steps can make. It’s easier than you think.
If you already “get it” and need some expert advice, data validation, or specialty work to untangle something, I can help.
Let’s talk and get your questions answered. Call or email to set up your free consultation.
(404) 232-5603 | firstname.lastname@example.org
More at Linkedin.com/in/davidturney.
- Currently: Independent Digital Marketing Consultant (Atlanta, GA).
- Currently: Web Analytics Consultant for Empirical Path (Atlanta, GA).
- Fifteen years in digital marketing for leading scholarly publisher, Elsevier (San Diego, Atlanta, Amsterdam).
- Two years working with best-selling author and founder of Agora Publishing, Bill Bonner (France).
- Master of Arts, Liberal Arts (M.A.L.A) from “The Great Books School”, St. John’s College Graduate Institute (Annapolis, MD)
- Bachelor of Arts (Cum Laude) in Literature & Writing from California State University, San Marcos (San Diego, CA)
- Flight School, Palomar College (San Diego, CA)
- Enterprise High School Swim Team Captain (Redding, CA)
In The Community
- Active member, Lilburn Business Association and Fuse Networking
- Youth Group Leader at St. Barnabas Anglican Church
- Licensed Member of Citizen Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Amateur Radio Operator at Station KM4FQK (Technician’s License)